Pages

Friday, November 7, 2008

On our way to buy a bowl . . .

On my way out the door but had to post. . .
No one is wearing jogging suits and we are going to Christmas Village. It could get hopping tonight.
Ran 3miles today. Brother-in-law shot down my time. Said I needed to be like a whole 4 minutes faster. I told him I am trying to finish the race not die trying. Brother-in-law reminded me he is not my cheerleader and he lives under the philosophy, die trying or go home. Nice. Made me mad. Probably going to start focusing on my time. Never dreamed I would care about time. For me it is the RACE. Just like LIFE. But I am now learning it is the journey that got me there that is important. Oh lessons from the new runner . . .

By the way, sent out a fat photo of me(just to people who would not laugh) and compared it to a current photo. WOW. Now that is what I need for inspiration. I am thinking about printing it out and putting it in my pantry and refrigerator.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

STOP IT. About Christmas Village and the "fat" picture. I know you were making fun of me. One of you is going to come home with a bowl. Stop thinking about your "overweight" days and keep moving forward. I told you Scott would be hard on you- that is what brother-in-laws are for.

Karen said...

Forget Scott. Maybe next year we can beat his time. But for now, let's just finish the race! We are newbies to this, not a pro like him.