Pages

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

My world

Well I have been almost avoiding blogger world this week. I feel the pressures of the Christmas season upon me. Remind me next year, no room mom, no PTO volunteer, no team mom, just mommy of 2! That is another story for another time. But to all my preschool mommy friends I am learning you don't have to do it all because as a wise friend in bible study told us the other night, "you won't remember what you scratched off the list but you will remember the time you spent with your kids." So here go the updates: TEAM ROACH! We came and we placed 7th out of 8 individuals teams. Missing from the photo is Jason and Jeremy the twin racers. I can not tell you how emotional the race was for me. The first 2 miles felt great and I hit 2 miles at exactly 21 minutes. My best time ever. It was the last mile that ate me alive. With a massive chin splint (and now diagnosed shoe issue as the cause)and cold air eating at my lungs, I ate the last mile. My heart rate maxed out at 202 and I had to slow down. I was able to run in through the last leg and I looked over to see my sweet husband cheering for me. He had finished 10 minutes prior but he had the biggest grin on his face and was clapping for me. If you know him, you know he does not smile or cheer. 6 months of weight loss and determination caught in my throat. I had run my race. I had done it. No one did it for me. God had provided the friends and family for encouragement and given me the strength to finish. I don't have to tell you that the tears came. It is something, I still am unable to talk about in full. But my perfectionist side is still consumed with the time and it will be better... to be continued.I let daughter get her hair cut off. She is done with hair. I am too. It is a battle that consumes my house. Husband was devastated. I was not. It looks so much better.And now I am wondering why I waited so long. These are pictures of her at nephew Noah's lazer tag party. We did not think she would do the actual lazer tag. Wow she was into it and was screaming at Noah's 2nd grade friends, "I just shot the fire out of you." Nice. Spoken like a true little sister.
Son sang at PTO the other night and the only picture I got was this in the car. He looked a little special because the sweatshirt they painted was 2 sizes too small. Nice. Then I don't have to tell you, some parents had never seen their child on stage. I have lots of photos of parent's tailgates but none of my child. Welcome to PTO performance. I also got roped into the SANTA SHOP this week. Basically help kids shop around cheap stuff for their family. It was AWFUL. I had a Chinese kindergartner. He spoke no English. His sheet said he was to buy for Mokishu, Tikahashi, Kimoshi,etc. I said, "is it a girl or boy?" He smiled. He had no clue. I let him buy grandparent mugs, necklace, screwdrivers, a fabulous ring and then took him to ring him up. The cashier said he only spent 39 dollars and he has 42. I said, "well you help him. I have bought enough pens to let the whole family write to China. I can't do it anymore." I didn't stay much longer.

5 comments:

Karen said...

I am so proud of how far you have come this year! It was hard not to cry as we crossed the finish line, especially with everyone staring at us. Can't wait for the next race!

Marlee's hair looks so cute! I know she is so proud.

Bre said...

I am still laughing about the Chinese boy. I LOVE that he bought enough pens to write to everyone in China, I am cracking up!! too fuuny :)

Tricia said...

I am so proud of you! I wish I could have run that one too, but I am running the Meadowbrook Run on Dec. 20th... join me if you want to!

I love Marlee's hair!

Blessings!

Michelle said...

I am so very proud of your accomplishments over the last several months. I couldn't run if I tried. You have always had determination. I admire that about you. You are setting a great example for your children about working hard for something they really want.

My favorite about MG at the party was that Joey was worried about her. So we went in the laser tag room and she was suited up and shooting all the boys. No one needs to worry about her. I bet the boys were scared of her!

Mommy of Three said...

Yay Marsha!!! That is so awesome. I really wish I could get determined to get in better shape. I would have passed out at 1 mile!