Pages

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thankful

I think sometimes God gave us Thanksgiving so we could get focused before Christmas. I mean eating turkey in November is not in the Bible but thankful hearts and praise are all throughout. Psalms 136:1 Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good. His love endures forever.




I could list the million things I am thankful for today. I could list friendships that I treasure. I could tell you about my family who I love and depend on so much. I could tell you about how my kids are my true blessing from God. I could write an entire blog about the blessings that surround me. I could tell you I am thankful for being able to get our passport today.


I could tell you I am not thankful that it cost more to leave this country than it does to feed my family for a month!




I choose to tell you that I am also thankful for heartache, for pain, lost friendships, broken ankles, divorce, embarrassment, death, tears, harsh words and for lessons learned. Those stories tell you not who I am but who He is through me. 2 Cor. 12: 9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

I am a sinner. I am in deep need of a Savior.
Thankful for it all this Thanksgiving. Praying that you all look around your table this Thanksgiving and give thanks for His love endures forever.

No comments: