Pages

Thursday, November 3, 2011

LSU and Spooky Sliders




Since all I can hear about is LSU this week, here is my LSU recap. The boyfriend and I enjoyed a weekend away without kids in tow to LSU. And though the outcome of the game was less than desirable we had a great time. I got to meet the boyfriend's big boss, enjoy the biggest and fanciest tailgate of my life. Ate gumbo, gator and stuff that would make you scream "Geaux Tigers!" The overall fan base in Baton Rouge is a little scary. I would not say that most were hospitable. They love their purple and gold and EVERY single fan wears it from head to toe. I am use to the Plains where everyone says hey no matter what team you cheer for, where a handshake and a "good game" are often heard, where southern hospitality is the norm and dressing up like pimps is for Halloween not ballgames.

Speaking of Halloween we went low key this year. I cooked up some Spooky PW sliders before we left out the door and can I tell you, I thought I had died and gone to heaven. They were yummy. Don't skip a step. We went and visited family, home group leaders and close friends. My children only knocked on a few doors of people we did not know. Daughter rocked her costume and son is starting to be too cool or too big for costumes. Sad.

No comments: