Pages

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Friends, rollers and Jesus

I have some of the best friends in the whole world. I have Godly friends. Friends that give me Godly counsel even when it is not what I want to hear. Friends that pray for me. Friends that have had great pain over the past year and walk daily in the truth and love that only He can give. If you are reading this and you do not have Jesus get Him first. If you are reading this and you do not have Godly counsel around you, find it fast. Get a small group. I HEART my small group. It is vital to your maturation and life. Jaclyn has been on my blog before. She married my friend from childhood. She has a heart that is pure and precious. She is just as beautiful on the inside as the outside. She lost her daddy this past year yet her spiritual walk has never been stronger. I can't tell you how much I draw on her strength. She is my prayer warrior. Always sending text or emails or phone calls right when I need them. One of her spiritual gifts is giving. She would give you her heart if you needed it. I am never surprised when I have a box at my back door. I know it is her. She and I had several similar childhood experiences. We were raised by good ole southern mommas. They taught us to stand up straight, don't chew gum, use good manners and when the going gets tough...ROLL YOUR HAIR and dress up. Boy breaks up with you - ROLL YOUR HAIR. You had a fight with your girlfriend- ROLL YOUR HAIR. Going to church - ROLL YOUR HAIR. We laugh about it but we both still have that mindset. Every interview I have ever been on, I roll my hair. So when I got a package last week in the mail from her I was so happy that it was pink sponge rollers and a pack of pantyhose. I decided immediately that my daughter must fall victim to the tradition and learn when life gets hard - ROLL YOUR HAIR.

She loved it and was so beautiful the next day. I am so thankful though that no matter what I do to the outside of me or what face I put on that day God only cares about my heart. I am beautiful to Him no matter if I rolled my hair. I go to the doctor tomorrow to get the results of my CT scan. I am expecting to get my surgery date. My prayers this week have changed so much from worries and concerns to wanting God to make my heart desire what He wants to be done through this surgery. I know tomorrow I will probably cry. I know I will wear my waterproof mascara. I know my friends will pray. And I know I will probably ROLL MY HAIR.

No comments: