Pages

Friday, September 25, 2009

motherhood

Everyone told me motherhood would change me. I would never be the same and I knew this would be true. I believed them. I wanted to be changed. I wanted to be a mother. I knew the first time I held son that I would never be a good employee ever again. I knew I would be consumed by him.
When I held daughter for the first time I felt my heart doubled in size and I knew equal, unconditional, love for now two children. I did not know how deeply it would change me. Motherhood changes more then your schedule and plans it changes your heart and soul.

We are now on day 14 of sickness. It started with son. He had a stomach and fever virus. Then daughter started with Flu and croup. With about two days of somewhat feeling better...brought more sickness. Daughter's croup turned to walking pneumonia. And then you guessed it son came down with walking pneumonia. We share everything here at the Roach house.

But most of all we share love. I love my kids and am thankful for the little sicknesses. There are those who sickness is cancer or worse. I am thankful for tired days. There are those who long for children. I am thankful for medicine and insurance. There are those who can not afford either. But when I think about how much I love my children, I am reminded of our God who loved us so much He sent His son to die for our sins. I am thankful for our God who sacrificed His son for me and you.And the old photos were simply therapuetic for me. I hope you enjoyed. The last one's title...Christmas Card Gone Bad.

...this too shall pass.

3 comments:

Kristi said...

GREAT POST MARSHA!!

Karen said...

Love this post! Even when we think it's bad, it could always be worse. Sending lots of love & prayers your way.

Tricia said...

You have me crying... a very sweet post. So glad that you are giving thanks in all thanks! What a testimony! Praying everyone gets all the way well soon!

Blessings...