Pages

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Memory Verse #6


Philippians 4:12 (New International Version)

12I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.


I am very blessed and know that each and every day when I wake up. I would like to meditate on the word content for the next two weeks. I have so many friends who are suffering with job loss. I have friends in risk of losing their homes. I have friends who don't ever get to go out to eat. And yet, I complain when I can't find anything to wear in my closet! A closet full of clothes! I wonder what my Savior thinks when he hears me whining in my closet. I am able to take a mostly free beach trip this week besides my food and gas. I will not have cable, Internet or phone service. I am really nervous what it will be like being unplugged for that long. I pray I will learn to be CONTENT and focus on what maybe I have been missing while I have been plugged in! Husband is praying I figure it out sooner in the trip then later so I don't have a HUGE cell phone bill. He is thinking of a pay-as-you-go phone for my trip for some boundaries!

1 comment:

Tricia said...

That is a good verse Marsha... is the Lord already testing you on being content? (I read your FB)

It also makes me think of "godliness with contentment is great gain"... although I can not tell you where it is, somewhere in the Bible :) You can probably google it and find it, you can google anything...

well, I am going to take a nap :)

Blessings!