Pages

Sunday, November 22, 2009

What does your husband do?

I get asked all the time "what does your husband do?" I give my standard answer ...he designs HVAC systems for buildings. You see he is a mechanical engineer and basically that means I have no idea what he does all day. I do know that he spends a lot of the time while we are out looking up at the ceiling and he notices big things on top of buildings. He talks about coolers, chillers, diffusers, ducts and air handlers. I always do the standard "wow, really" when he discusses his work. I have not a clue what he is talking about. However, last week he had a meeting with a bunch of architects, more engineers and some more brainiac people on a federal job. He came home from the all day meeting with this on his belt...
Oh this made me laugh. You see somewhere in the midst of all those brains...someone had a sense of humor. Husband has no idea who put it there or when. I may not understand LEED certification but humor is something I know lots about.

5 comments:

Erica said...

Ha! Too funny!

Faith's Place said...

My husband is an electrical engineer and works for the government....and that's about all I know! haha You aren't the only one!

Bre said...

PRICELESS!!! I have tears in my eyes :)

Tricia said...

That is too funny Marsha!

Amy Leigh said...

Why does reading your blog post today make me feel like I am at work, even though I have the week off??