Pages

Thursday, August 7, 2008

First Day of Kindergarten

Son and his teacher who is Mrs. Kindergarten. She doesn't look it but she used to help babysit me. I grew up with her at church and she has been teaching 16 years. She is so little and sweet. God really blessed us big time with this teacher!



Me, Miss Type A, was a little early for school. We sat on the benches outside and I tried to get lots of hugs and kisses. Son told me, "Mommy, look at me! Do not kiss me in there!"



We got double blessed by the fact son has friends in his class. 2 boys from his baseball team and his "Best Girl", Aby. Aby's mommy and I get to be room moms together! Yeah for us!


I think daughter will be the saddest. At 10:00 this morning she asked could we go get bubba.



Last night we had a Back to School party for dinner. Plates, cups, napkins all with stuff he picked out. Even Cupcakes. (I am still on the diet so I had to eat sugar free jello, but it was a still a treat) Before our dinner we all wrote what we wanted son to accomplish at Big School this year. Son wrote he wanted to learn how to make a dinosaur. Husband wrote he wanted him to learn how to tell time, know the days of the week, etc. I wrote to show the love of Jesus with others. Son said, "I know mommy. Because at my old school we were taught about Jesus and talked about him but at this school I can only show His love." Precious moment.
Oh! On a funny note! Carlos:aka Arnold the roofer was at parent orientation.

1 comment:

klhcain said...

Cute pictures, as was yesterday's.
Hope he has a great school year (and you, too).