Pages

Thursday, February 2, 2012

To Di for Banana Pudding

We have one of those famous cooks at our church that is the machine behind Wednesday night suppers. I call her Mrs. Di. Since our mission group is helping serve for a month, I got to help make Mrs. Di's banana pudding for 150 of my closest friends. Last time I cooked with Mrs. Di, I did 350 small sweet potato biscuits so this was a small task. You need a lot of bananas. Like 32.
You thank your husband every time you use this because I can look outside and watch the sunset. You also don't really want to know how many calories are floating in this bowl.



You make an assembly line and then scream, "no mam, LuLu!" I promise LuLu has had her shots and did not lick any food items.






Then you make your daughter slice all 32 bananas with a very sharp knife. Then you hug her because she peels the bananas from the bottom just like they do in Belize.









Then you layer in lines. I am just kidding. Don't do that like me. Just throw those wafers on there with no order!








This fed around 100 plus and made some money for our mission team. It sold out and I didn't get a single bite. Here is the secret recipe that you asked for:






To Di for Banana Pudding
6-8 bananas



1 5oz box french vanilla pudding



2 cups of milk



1 8oz cream cheese



1 can sweetened condensed milk


1 tub of cool whip



1 box of vanilla wafers






Mix pudding with milk with a hand mixer and sit aside. Mix cream cheese and evaporated milk in the mixer until smooth. Fold in cool whip into cream cheese mixture. Then fold cream cheese mixture into pudding mixture. Then layer vanilla wafers, bananas, pudding. Ending with pudding on top. If you have any vanilla wafers left over sprinkle on top.






I multiplied the recipe times 4! Enjoy and pretend not to count the calories!













No comments: