Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

To Di for Tiramisu




I have always wanted to say I was Italian. I love spaghetti. It is my favorite meal from my mother, from Olive Garden, from Shoney's and from IHOP. Our Mission Team is still helping with Wednesday night meals and Mrs. Di said she was cooking Lasagna this week. She asked if I could make an Italian dessert called Tiramisu. These are the ingredients.
One of these is not the ingredients. After wasting 6 cups of milk, 4 boxes of jello and 2 things of cream cheese...my mother did an emergent grocery store run for me and saved the day. I mean these items should be on separate shelves and different aisles. Who cooks their pudding anyway these days?








Anyway, I was so excited to be Italian for the evening that I continued the process with the INSTANT pudding mix. Sometimes I pretend to be French and go by the name Roache. Your welcome for that piece of information.











There were no bananas this time but there was chocolate and coffee which I have grown to love since going to work full time. I think coffee is a requirement if you have to set an alarm clock.






Here is the step by step for my favorite friends and the end result.






To Di for Tiramisu





16 servings

1 – 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese softened
3 cups cold milk
2 – 3.4 oz pkg Vanilla instant pudding mix
1 – 8 oz container cool whip, thawed, divided
48 vanilla wafers
½ cup strong coffee
2 squares Baker’s Semi-Sweet chocolate, coarsely grated
1 cup fresh strawberries

Beat cream cheese in large bowl with mixer until creamy. Gradually beat in milk and dry pudding mixes. Gently stir in 2 cups cool whip.

Line bottom of 13 x 9 inch pan with half the wafers that have been dunked in the coffee. Top with half the pudding mixture and chocolate. Repeat layers. Top with remaining cool whip and garnish with strawberries. Refrigerate several hours or overnight.

No comments: