Pages

Monday, March 25, 2013

Post Monday Belize

I will do some post to try to put words to our mission trip but in the meantime read here for the baptism update:

http://westwoodbelizemission.blogspot.com/

Mission trip blues.
I expected it this time but as I wake up this Monday morning to get back to the grind I cringe.

Husband and I talked last night of all the things on our calendar that just doesn't matter. Softball, baseball, meetings ...
Every time I go I get this spiritual high of wanting to do more.
It bothers me. I lose sleep, but I believe it’s God-given. I even daydream of ideas of life changes that might make a difference instead of just talking about them, but it is hard.

So hard.

Images race through my mind of every little thing we saw, we did, and as every emotion we felt come racing through my heart. I mean, there are many places here that might be very similar to the Belize but… but…

For my husband and I, we have to start here in our home. Loving the 2 children God gave us. Loving more. Hugging more. Learning to be better parents. We fail miserably on our own. In Belize, many children miss that parental love. In my home is where I start.

This morning in my daily bible reading this verse spoke loud to me "Now therefore fear the Lord and serve him in sincerity and in faithfulness. Put away the gods that your fathers served beyond the River and in Egypt, and serve the Lord. (Joshua 24:14 ESV)

I don't want to feel closer to God in Belize.
I don't want the loud gods of this world to consume me or stop me from serving daily.

“We learned that orphans are easier to ignore before you know their names. They are easier to ignore before you see their faces. It is easier to pretend they’re not real before you hold them in your arms. But once you do, everything changes.” – Radical by David Platt.



No comments: