Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year

We went on a walk around the farm today to walk off all the lunch we ate.

Some of us went on a run.
Husband who prefers to not to communicate as much as me is apparently at home with the bovine community. They connect on a different level.



I love a new year. A fresh start. A reflection. A new beginning. But the past is always there. A road that got you where you are today. It doesn't matter if the road is ugly, wide, narrow or long. It was meant to be. And forgiveness makes the future bigger.



This is my great grandfather's 1949 tractor. Legend has it he called her "Allie Cat" with great affection. To me it is a reminder of the past and a story of the future.

“Looking back you realize that a very special person passed briefly through your life- and it was you. It is not too late to find that person again.” Robert Brault




I am pretty sure that girl I am looking for is somewhere on this farm. Somewhere in between the little girl that ran to the creek barefoot and the momma who calls for her children to come in and do homework.






So I have some New Year's resolutions up my sleeve. But if I share them they might not come true. So I will take some advice from Lulu. I am going to do what I love more.




I am going to learn how to take soak up the blessings before me.




I am going to try something new and let the wind blow in my face.




I pray you all have a wonderful and blessed 2012.




No comments: