Pages

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Day 1

2 Corinthians 12:9-10 : "9But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 10That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."


I have been released from the hospital and I am at my therapy home...aka mother's house. I got my first semi bath today. My engineering husband rigged me a seat in the bathtub with my broke part hanging over the edge. I then got to pour water over my head with a small cup. If you know me at all, you know I love a bath tub at night time and a shower in the morning. This is killing me...but I closed my eyes and pretended to be warm and was thankful for clean hair.

I have physical therapy exercises to do each day twice a day. It hurts. But I am so determined to walk, I know I have to do the work. My body occasionally goes into shock during exercises and just walking across the house causes my lips to quiver with pain. I use a rolling walker to walk. All the running I have done has helped my quads and thighs...now the walker is helping my biceps and stomach muscles. I am using muscles I have not used in a long time.

Depression hits me in waves. I have half of my house packed and moved. The rest of my house needs to be packed. And yet I am at neither of the 2 places pretending it will all work out. I have VBS in two weeks and I can't sit up for more then an hour. I have kids to entertain this summer and I can't drive or swim. So I pray...

2 comments:

Amy Leigh said...

I love you.

J-Mo said...

I love you Marsha and I'm praying for you consistently throughout each day. I'd love to organize a group of folks to help you complete the move to your amazing new home so when you're ready, all you have to do is walk in... and I know you will. You know our Lord has a plan and I can only imagine the things we'll all learn from your courage and resolve during this challenge. Please let us know if there's anything we can do for you. I'd love to come for a visit once you're up to it.

In Christ Alone,

Janna