Pages

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

About to be two Hands

We are almost two hands away from going to Belize. My house is buzzing with excitement. Things to pack. List to check. Dogs to board. Well, not really. Lulu is actually going on a vacation with her brother Sonny. She has heard that she will be busy killing squirrels, eating socks, attacking children and sleeping in a bed with daughter's first grade teacher and her softball coach. I think daughter might be a little jealous.

I am praying I get to fly over this wonder of Belize. This is The Great Blue Hole and according to Wikipedia it is 470 ft deep. According to my teacher friends, The Bachelor jumped out of plane into the hole and swam. I promise mother, I will not jump out of a plane unless the captain demands me to do so. I feel like in many ways my heart is already in Belize. We had our last meeting as a team on Tuesday night. We got our flight details, the itinerary of the trip and some last minute packing instructions. I am so excited to go on this trip with some of my favorite friends. Someone at our home group was telling us that in a book they were reading it stated that children's worldview is formed by age 12. I am so jealous that my kids will experience their first third world country and their first mission trip at age 9 and 7.
This is the school where we will spend the majority of our time. The name of the school is Light of the Valley. I am excited about the work that is in front of us and the mission. I am looking forward to a dependence on God in unfamiliar locations and unfamiliar culture.
I am also wondering how God will stretch me and change me.

"God isn't looking for people of great faith, but for individuals ready to follow Him"
— Hudson Taylor





No comments: