Pages

Sunday, August 28, 2011

When I Grow Up

I had an older sister. She had friends. They taught me things about tight rolling blue jeans, eye liner and boys. They pretended to like me and let me listen as they pranked called people at 2 a.m. Everyone should have sibling friends to learn from. Well one of sister's friend grew up to teach me the greatest lesson. Obedience. Her name is Allison Clyburn. She grew up to be a teacher, wife, mommy and now missionary. She along with her family and the McAdams' family went on a Mission Trip to Swaziland Africa and were changed forever. God called them to move to Swaziland as full time missionaries. They answered the call and moved to Swaziland over a year ago.
Their day to day life I sometimes try to imagine. I can't wrap my head around what they see on a day to day basis. They see poverty. They see starvation. They see the orphans. They see the dying. And at the end of the day they serve them all in His name.
I mean when I was little I tried to be like my sister and friends. I would wear their clothes even when they were too big. I would fix my hair just like theirs. And today I would want nothing more to grow up like Allison. Her family has made Africa a whole lot more "REAL" to my family. The pictures. The stories. They break my heart. And yet they serve in a place that most would like to pretend doesn't exist. Their work is not complete. They need our help to continue their mission. I will be posting more information on how you can become involved and even find out about an exciting event at Roach Ranch in their honor. I ask today you first Pray. Pray for their financial support and for God to provide. Second GIVE. Give monthly. Give what you can. No amount is to small. God will use it all for His glory. For more info leave me a message and I will send you the information.

1 comment:

"Nene" Parker said...

Marsha you are always inspiring me through your own life and through others! Sometimes we need to see through the eyes of others, thank you for an awakening today!